Here are some guidelines to help you judge your riding ability:
BEGINNER: A rider with little or no experience.
NOVICE: A rider who is comfortable and in control at the walk and/or trot but has limited experience trotting and/or cantering.
INTERMEDIATE: A rider who is confident and in control in all paces (including posting trots, two point canters and gallops), but does not ride regularly.
STRONG INTERMEDIATE: An intermediate rider who is currently riding regularly and is comfortable in the saddle for at least 6 hours per day.
ADVANCED: All of the above plus the ability to handle a spirited horse in open country.
** PLEASE NOTE: All of our horses are ridden with English Style Saddles. If you only have Western-type saddle experience, you will be considered to be a Beginner rider unless you have taken English riding lessons. For any trail ride other than those specifically identified for Beginners, riders will need to be familiar with English saddles, be confident and have experience of rising trot and canter.
Completing your Booking Form:
Please ensure you give us accurate information about your riding, health, weight and fitness when completing your booking form. All riders will be assessed in the arena before we leave the yard. If you are not sure of your riding ability, it is better to err on the side of caution and drop down a level of riding experience when booking a ride. If your riding ability does not match the level you indicate on the booking form, we will still try and accommodate you on a ride, but it is likely that you will incur the cost of the original ride you booked – this because we prepare in advance to ensure we have the right guides and horses available for each ride and we only have the information on your booking form to guide us. You can always email us: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure.
If you are fit and not overweight, you will be safer, ride better and you and your horse will enjoy yourselves more.
- Weight limit for competent, fit male riders: 15.3 stone / 214lbs / 97 kgs.
- Weight limit for competent, fit female riders: 14.3 stone/200lbs / 91kgs.
- Weight limit for novice, beginner riders: 13.3 stone / 190lbs / 85kg.
- ** Please Note : We have 3 larger horses to accommodate any riders above these weight restrictions. These riders shall need to contact the stables directly to discuss their riding ability and fitness level before booking.
- On our trails outside the farm we do not accommodate children under the age of 9 unless they are strong intermediate riders.
- Children between the ages of 9 and 13 that are beginner riders must be accompanied on the guided trails by an adult that they feel confident with.
- For ages 5 years and up kids pony rides are available in our open arena.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and special offers about our rides and treks. By subscribing you agree to send your name and email to mailchimp (our newsletter partner)